Waldringfield Parish Council's clerk, David Lines, has resigned, so we are looking for a replacement.
The job requires attendance at Parish Council meetings once a month, and is for around 45 hours per month, although that is negotiable.
The post is a combination of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO), and the main responsibilities are:
- To prepare agendas for meetings of the Council, attend such meetings and prepare minutes for approval
- To deal with correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council
- To monitor and balance the Council's accounts and prepare records for audit purposes and VAT (RFO tasks)
- To receive and report on invoices for goods and services to be paid for by the Council and to issue invoices on behalf of the Council
- To ensure that statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the Council are observed (i.e. to make sure the Council's actions are legally compliant)
This list is not exhaustive. I can supply the current detailed job description to anyone who is interested, although this may be varied by negotiation. It is not necessary for the clerk to live in the parish. A bit more information is contained in the attachment 'Clerk Recruitment Brief'.
Remuneration is paid at an hourly rate. The Council uses the NALC/SLCC pay rates (see http://www.lalc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/NALC-SLCC-Salary-Scales-2018-2019.pdf) as guidance, but of course the actual rate depends on qualifications and experience.
If you are interested, please contact me for more information. Or if you know anyone who might be interested feel free to pass this information on to them.
Ian Kay (Chairman, wladringfield Parish Council)
Tel: 01473 736384